Tuesday, July 14, 2020

To Do Tuesday

Okay, it's time to check on my To Do list from Last Tuesday.

1.  Order Swarovski crystals.  Nope.
2.  Finish Custom Quilt.  Yep!  (Hooray!)
3.  Three Blog Posts.  Yep!  (If you count Tuesday as #1).

Here is the custom quilt I was working on.
 Each parallelogram is made of two half-square triangles.  Each triangle is 12 inches.  So, I had to set up each triangle individually. 
 I changed  thread with each color of fabric.  The outer triangles have a double echo of the triangle, with pebbles inside.  The next row has continuous curves.  Then, the next row has waves, pearls and curves, with a single echo with lots of swirls on the inside star.
I would have loved to get a straight on shot, but my 6'4" quilt holder couldn't hold it up for me and keep it straight.   It's just too big.


I believe the customer was very happy.

Now for the goals for July 14-20
1.  Quilt as many customer quilts as possible.
2.  Order Swarovski crystals.
3.  Work on Summer Blossoms quilt.

Keep on Sewing and Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. So hard to get a good pic of an entire quilt! Sometimes I'll stand on a step ladder and that helps. My latest phone has a feature that zooms out, allowing me to catch it all so that's super-helpful but still not the best. I constantly wish for a nice clean spot outside to hang them and get a good pic every time! Well done and good luck on your to-do's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy! Beautiful quilt!!! I can imagine that your customer was happy - or even giddy with how nicely this turned out. I love seeing your quilting and how you did different designs in the different triangles. It looks fab on both front and back. Thanks so much for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilting, Tammy. It is a bold, eye-catching quilt, but your quilting really elevates the quilt to a new level.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.