Tuesday, July 7, 2020

To Do Tuesday

Hi again,

Today is my check-in to see how I did on my to-do list last week. 

1.  Post 3 blog entries.  I'm okay if I do more, but this is my minimum.  I get a partial credit on this.  I got 2 blog entries posted.  The 4th of July time with family was more important.

2.  Organize quilts under my frame.  I store quilts to be quilted under my Forte frame.  Right now it's a mess and not in quilting order.  So, I am going to get it back in order.  Done!

3.  Quilt 2 quilts that I have had since the end of February.  Both are queen sized, one is using an edge-to-edge design, and the other is custom.  The custom one has had me pondering what to do for 4 months.  I think I might be getting there, finally.  Partial credit.  The edge-to-edge was done fairly quickly.  The custom one is still on the frame, almost to the half-way point.  It will take me a fair part of the week to finish, but it will be finished!


So, here are some pictures:  This is of the top right corner of the custom quilt.  I used the Mark function on my Pro-stitcher to do the lines of the triangles, then filled with a bubble fill from Wasatch quilting.


Now, down a few rows.  The half-square triangles, that make up the parallelogram, are 12 inches.  I cannot fit 2 of them together in my throat space.  So, I used the same design in each triangle, matching them at the center seam.  It doesn't take long to quilt, but it does take time to place each design.


This was a finish for the week as well.  The employees at our local quilt shop did a block exchange for Christmas.  We each made an extra block, then I made them into a quilt for the store owner's wife.  She just recently (couple of years) started working at the store with us, and she is such a delightful person to work with.  So, we gave her the quilt on Monday. 


Now, a couple of shots of the fireworks we enjoyed on Friday, July 3rd.





Next week's goals (July 7-13):

1.  Order more swarovski crystals for a quilt I am embellishing.
2.  Finish the Custom quilt on my frame.
3.  3 blog entries.  I'm trying again.  

Linking to To Do Tuesday #48


2 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy! Three blog posts with a holiday thrown in is hard. Most weeks I can eek out three posts - sometimes only two lately. I used to faithfully have five but then COVID arrived and mojo flitted away. Your custom quilting looks beautiful. How nice that you made the Christmas quilt for your boss. I'm sure she will appreciate very much. Ooh, I can hardly wait to see where the to-be-ordered crystals go on a quilt. Sounds fancy. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful custom work, Tammy!
    You are doing well to be posting twice a week, IMHO. When I first started blogging it was 2 or 3 times a week. Then I feel into a routine of once a week for many years. The past year it was more like every other week, and now I feel lucky to get one or possibly two posts a month. You are doing very well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.