Thursday, July 23, 2020

To Do Thursday?

It's supposed to be To Do Tuesday, right?  Well, being as it was a busy week, I didn't get to this on Tuesday.  It has been a good week, though.

Mondays, I always work at the local quilt shop.  My day tends to vary, from cutting fabric, to making kits, to answering questions about Handi Quilter machines.  I love that it has a wide variety of tasks.  This week, I also worked on putting together a Capri with Insight Table for our store model.  It was fun!

Tuesdays, I have sewing group here at my home.  We have up to 6 people come over to sew, plus my granddaughter.  She keeps me and her mom hopping.  This time her granddad was home to play with her.

Wednesday, I taught a new machine owner how to do edge-to-edge quilting with her Pro-Stitcher.  When I got home, I got a call that my grandchildren needed sand toys at the local park.  So, I went to the park to play with them for a while.  It was so much fun and reminded me of the times I would take my own children to the park during the summer.  It made for a lot of fun for them, and some easier time for me.  I came home feeling so glad I took the time to meet them at the park!

So, here it is Thursday, and I'm finally getting a post done.  Here are last week's goals:

1.  Quilt as many customer quilts as possible.  Yes!  I quilted 6 quilts last week.
2.  Order Swarovski crystals.  Yes!  I even have received them by mail and started attaching them to a quilt.3.  Work on Summer Blossoms quilt.  Yes!  I cut all the pieces for the blossom blocks, organized them and started piecing.  I have 2 blocks done, out of 14.

Sunday evening, this was my work space.  Out on the patio, in the shade.  It was very pleasant to work outside on my binding, until it got too dark for my eyes to see.  Watching a show on my Kindle outside was a little difficult, too much reflection!  I still could listen, though.


And here are my two blossom blocks.



Goals for this week: 

1.  Work on refinishing kitchen table.
2.  Finish binding stretched star baby quilt.
3.  Quilt 2-3 customer quilts.

Linking to To Do Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy! Playing in the park with your granddaughter sounds delightful. That's exactly how we spent our morning - pushing them on the swings, encouraging them down the slide, climbing through the fort, and then back to the swings. Thanks so much for linking up this week! It doesn't really matter what day you post - you rocked your list. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which local park has a sandpile? I want to come play! :)
    How pleasant to bind out on the deck.
    Those are very pretty little blossom blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.