Thursday, July 9, 2020

Coronavirus Coping Skills

I have been listening to podcasts and reading blogs.  Many have talked about coping skills while our world has been turned upside down.  I want to share what I have done to keep myself busy during this time.

As soon as I was told not to come to work, (which lasted 3 weeks), I saw it as a gift.  I was always saying I needed more time to quilt and sew.  Well, this gave me that time.  I made the comment that I liked my teflon calendar (nothing sticks).  I also know that I can be a great time-waster.  I also know that I like to make lists.  So, I changed up my list making.

Most of my life, I've made a list of things to get done.  I have liked checking them off.  This time, I changed it around.  I wanted to be able to remember what I was getting done, so I wrote a list at the end of the day of what I got done.  Genius!  It was just what I needed.  I was reporting to myself about my productivity! 

Some days were better than others.  Some days, I was just too tired to stay motivated, so I didn't get much done.  Other days, I was very productive. 

I kept another list, too.  I have a list of my Finishes for the Year.  Since March 16, I've had 26 finishes.  Some was just items needing binding.  Others, I completed the project from cutting to binding.  I also have been kept busy quilting for others.  It's a great thing to do...piecing quilts...when the world shuts down.

I try not to read too much news, but I know that our number of cases in the country is alarming many.  I do my part to wear a mask in public, and at work.  But, mostly I really like staying home, visiting with family, and quilting.  I expect that this winter might be more stay at home time as well, so I'm going to keep this good thing going.  For me, however, most of my life is back to normal.  All except church.  I'm still busy, and wanting more time to sew, of course 😀.

The one thing I liked about this reverse list making, is that sometimes a checklist is too confining.  Especially when it comes to creative endeavors.  However, the excitement of writing something accomplished made it very fun!

How about you?  Have you been able to keep yourself busy enough to be able to enjoy this time?

I'll just keep on sewing and quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping busy has never been an issue for me, pandemic or not. Can you say "Type A"? LOL
    Since we just spoke at the shop, you already know I am pretty involved helping with my Mom's care and mask making.
    I like the idea of the reverse list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.