Saturday, June 27, 2020

I've had quite the quilting journey.  I started out quilting on my Bernina sewing machine.  Then, I learned how to use a longarm quilting machine, so I had to buy one.  Then, I learned how to use the computer, so I had to buy one.  I actually have had the opportunity to learn enough on the longarm that I now teach classes at my local quilt shop.  Of course, with everything in the world being turned upside down this spring, I'm not teaching classes for a bit yet.  I have kept busy quilting at home, though.  I thought I would show a few things I've quilted lately.

I love this one.  The bright Kaffe Fassett fabrics were a delight to look at.  The quilting design is Kaleidoscope e2e.  It has so many swirls and bubbles, just a really fun pattern.


This next one, does not have any computer work on it.  I traced the wool flowers on Golden Threads paper, then quilted through it. After echoing around the applique, then filled in with the echoed curve.


This last one was mostly free motion.  I just used the computer on the squares in the corner.  I've been working on feathers, so I'm really excited how these turned out.


The amazing thing is, that when I was doing the free motion, I really felt a zen-like state.  I was relaxed and really enjoyed it.  I sometimes forget that I feel that way when I quilt.

That's it for today.  Keep on Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the Golden Threads paper. Do you like it?
    I totally get the zen-like state. If I am doing feathers or an all-over free motion design I enjoy, that is exactly how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the Golden Threads paper. If you want precise quilting, it's great! Thanks for all your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.