Thursday, February 23, 2012

Week 8

The year just seems to be flying by...one week at a time.

This week I only completed one project.  A new bag, only I made 2 of them.  One will be at the store, and one for me.  The fabric is the new French General line from Moda.


I wonder sometimes what holds me back from getting more accomplished.  I know this last week I was busy with church callings, worked extra hours, didn't sleep well enough so I didn't feel well on Saturday, tried to keep my house clean enough between times, and laundry.  (Plus, a little wasted time when I am too tired to work on a quilt).

I also realized today that I feel a bit like a lone wolf.  There is not another person I know personally or locally that will quilt a full-size (queen-size or less) quilt on their domestic machine.  I have taught the class for close to three years, yet I haven't heard if anyone has really taken to doing it.  I love being able to quilt on my own machine.  I try to improve my skills, and I still get nervous quilting for customers.  However, that being said, I would love to be able to connect with someone else who machine quilts.  We could encourage each other and share our challenges and ideas.

Then, this evening, I stumbled onto a blog that mentioned a Free-Motion Quilt Challenge.  Complete with a tutorial (for February only) on how to do feathers by Diane Gaudynski.  I have seen her work and her website before, but it has been a while since I looked at it.  I love this tutorial and I really want to spend some time practicing this technique.  The blog which provided the link (Feb. 18th entry) is quilting these feathers on satin.  WOW!  I am inspired and determined to find/make the time to work on this quilting method.  I'll have to make sure to check out enough books on CD from the library so I can relax while working on it.

Are you a domestic quilter?  I know some long-arm quilters that are fabulous, too.  I just know that a long-arm machine isn't in the plan for several years (if ever?).

Hot-pad count:  11.

Next projects:  an apron for the store, 2 customer quilts, challenge quilt, enough said ;)

Keep on Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.