Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 5

It seems I am getting later and later each week.  However, the week isn't over yet, so anything goes!

I had seen some big pillows at a store, and thought they would be fun to have on our bed, for sitting up to read, crochet or play on my phone.  However, I thought I might be able to do it for less than the $25 per pillow they were charging.  I checked at the local store.  They had pillow forms 50% off, the fabric I wanted (velour - for texture), was 40% off, the zippers were 40% and 50% off with coupons, and I had a coupon for an additional 20% off my total purchase.  Plus the pillows were bigger at 27 inches square.  I saved around $11.  Then, it only took me about an hour to make these:


And I love them!  They are soft, and comfortable, and easy to toss off for sleeping.

After I made the Whoopsy Daisy quilt (see last blog entry), there was plenty of fabric left over to make a doll quilt.  So, I backed it with a minkee remnant, and bound it with fabric from my stash and came up with this:



I think I am sending it to my husband's niece.  I think she will like to play with her dollies with it.

I started a new quilting class, and changed my method just a little bit.  I think it might lead to more success for my students.  I've been learning about tension while quilting, and I also have to remind myself to slow down just a bit.  The next class in this session is this weekend, so we will see if it keeps helping my students to learn this new way.

Next week, I'll share my shopping adventures with you, along with a very funny story.  Until then...

Keep sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.