Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week 4...

And I just noticed that last week was my 100th posting.  Can you believe it?  Also, can you believe I've kept up my blogging this year?  I think a once a week goal is working for me.  I am very goal-oriented, so I am pleased with this.

Now for the week's finishes:

I took this pillow top...


and made it into this pillow cover.  

Then, I finished the Whoopsy Daisy quilt for the store.


 Here is a close-up of the quilting,

 and here is the minky I put on the back. It is just a lovely quilt.



Then, I made a quick runner for my mother-in-law and put it in the mail today.  It will be a nice Valentine's treat for her table.


I also finished two more hot pads.  This makes 5 all together.

Now, for the works in progress:

Challenge quilt top.  I have the center block (16") done.  Now I just have to decide what goes around it next. I am toying with the idea of a rail fence type border, and definitely 9-patches in the corners.
My longest UFO:  I have a quilt top finished for several years.  I am going to stay late tomorrow and quilt it on the long-arm machine.  I am looking forward to having it finished.  I will try to get the binding on over the weekend.
My Itty Bitty pinwheels demonstration went well.  I just need to finish it.  I'm not sure if it will make it to the top of the pile this week or not.
My machine needs a tune-up and I will not be sewing for a couple of days.  I've got to get the tension adjusted for my quilting.

I enjoyed the quilting process on the Whoopsy Daisy quilt very much.  I have also enjoyed the Challenge quilt and taking a block and figuring out the most efficient way to put it together.

What are you sewing?  I'd love to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.