Tuesday, August 4, 2020

To Do Tuesday

Hi Again!  Another week gone by.  I spend a lot of time thinking about blog entries I could write, but don't seem to get to the computer to make it happen.  To Do Tuesday really helps me get at least this one done.

First, last week's goals:

1.  Quilt as many customer quilts as possible (minimum of 3)
2.  Finish refinishing the table.
3.  Finish family masks.

1.  Quilt as many customer quilts as possible.  I set a minimum of 3 knowing that I had a few things on the calendar, and I was trying to finish the table.  I got 6 done! Yahoo!  I really enjoyed working through these quilts.  Sometimes I feel like I am behind, then I realize that to totally get caught up is a myth.  So, I just keep plugging away doing to best I can.

Here is one I recently quilted for my beautiful daughter.  The I Spy blocks were given to her from our friend Kim who comes to sewing group.  She pieced them together, I quilted it and she got the binding finished.  My granddaughter loves it!



Here's the back - cuddle fabric of course!


The design is Diagonal Plaid.  She didn't want anything to detract from the blocks.  I thought this was a good option.

2.  Finish refinishing the table.  Done!  This is what I started with.  Lots of chips on the old finish.



Here it is somewhere in the middle.
 






And here it is in my kitchen!  I'm really happy with how it finished up.

Now, I am helping my daughter by refinishing her table top.  I'll have pictures of it next week.

3.  Finish family mask.  Done!  I made 2 for each child and each spouse.  I even have a few extra.  However, I still have a few to make for the College Student.  He's going to need one every day.

So the goals for the coming week?  Very similar

1.  Finish refinishing my daughter's table.
2.  3 customer quilts.  
3.  Prepare for a visitor (clean house)

Linking to Home Sewn By Us

Have a great week everybody! And keep on Sewing and Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy! Your table looks beautiful!! My first thought when I saw the little thumbnail picture was that it needs a table runner. HAHA! Who would want to cover up all that beautiful work, though, now that I know what the pictures means. Yay for getting six quilts quilted. That quilt for your granddaughter looks like fun and I just love the Minky on the back. It sure shows off the quilting nicely! thanks for linking up this week ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.