Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I'm Taking a Sewing Class

I have been taking a 10-week sewing class.  I have about 3 weeks left.  We are learning basic techniques, then using them in a project.  The first project was a pillow sham with a flange.  I made two to go on my couch.


I loved the Michael Miller fabric.  I have navy blue curtains, so these go well with the curtains.  It is the couch that doesn't fit my living room.  I inherited the couch, and haven't decided what to do with it yet.

The next project was a maxi skirt.  They are all the rage around here right now, and the knits I am seeing around are fun.  The first skirt, I made for me.


Then, my daughter needed a new skirt, so I made one for her.  I love the purple!


In another week, I will be making a skirt with a fitted waistband and a zipper, YIKES!  The teacher says zippers are easy.  We shall see!

The best things about this class are:
  1.  I learned that I did learn quite a bit from Mom as I was growing up.  I sewed a lot more before I was married, and I did pretty good.
  2.  I am making samples of the techniques so I will have a reference book for sewing later.
  3.  I like sewing in all it's forms.  Not just quilts.  Not just bags.  Not just clothes.  All of it.

My hope is to sew for grandchildren as they arrive.  Not that I'm in a hurry for grandchildren.  I just love to sew!

Keep on Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Always learning. I love that. Pillows and skirts look good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.