Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Coming Back to the Blog

How do you start a blog again after a long absence?  This has been whirling in my brain for some time.  However, I did not come up with anything profound.  I will start with today.  I have been quilting a lot this year.  I just finished #152 for this year.  This quilt is a grandmother's flower garden.  English paper piecing, pieced together, then appliqued to the background.  I just love the colors, and my phone doesn't do it justice.  The owner and I thought cross hatching would be nice.


We were right.  I just love how it turned out.  But, I must tell you the rest of the story.

I own a Handi Quilter Fusion with Pro-Stitcher.  That means I have the capability to have computerized quilting.  I didn't know how to set up for cross-hatching a whole quilt.  It made me a little nervous.  I did some research on a Facebook group, found an idea of which design to use, and gave it a try.  It did work out marvelously!  I'm pretty excited for the owner to see it.


This next one is a quilt I worked on this summer.  I used the computer for the flowers in the points where the blocks meet, then filled with swirls to give the idea of a windy day.  Each umbrella (80 on the quilt) is also quilted with vane lines.  Lots of fun on this quilt.  I enjoy when I can mix computer with my own work.

Then, last, this is a mini quilt - about 11" square.  I made two of them, starting with 3.5" squares for the pinwheels.  Then, I quilted them both at the same time with my Pro-Stitcher.  I used a clam shell design resized to 3/4" high.


This was for our Sew Small sew-along.  We are working out of a Moda All-stars book, but the quilt chosen was applique.  So, I made this instead.  This month's is paper-piecing, so I am working on something else instead.  I think you may think me mad when you see it later this month.  That's all I'm sharing about that right now.

Anyway, I look forward to sharing more as I go along.  Thanks for joining me today!

Keep Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Tammy, it is good to have you back! I look forward to keeping up with your lovely quilting.
    I especially like the umbrella quilt, and the quilting you gave it.
    The clamshells look good on your mini quilt. That is a design I like to use, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.