Friday, May 23, 2014

More Fun Pictures

My friend, Janet, promised more pictures of Sue with personality.  She sent them, so, I'm sharing them here.







Thanks, Janet!!!

I know the gals in the classes had a fabulous time.  There was a lot of laughter, and a lot of trying things out on the machines.  Sue made you feel like you could do anything!

I was a little nervous when she was sharing quilts, while standing by the stairs.  I was afraid that in her exuberance, she would take a step back and tumble down.  However, she did not and all was well!

I spent a day and a half quilting cross-hatches on a quilt, using a ruler.  I now know that I will need to charge more for this service, as it takes a LOT of time.

This is the front of the quilt, only not really that yellow.


Here is the back of the quilt.  I used the computerized machine at work to do the 6-petal flowers, then brought it home to do the ruler work on the rest.  So, about 2 full days of quilting.


So, I did an easy one, next.  I baby quilt.

I found the design online with a Google search on baby boy quilts.  It may have been a pantograph, but was easy to do free-motion.

I was so excited about the swirls, and how easy they were, I put on a minky quilt for my 15-year-old son.  I played with swirling circles and squares, and loved the way it looked.  I wanted to leave some puffiness to it, so I kept the quilting nice and big.


And the best part?  It only took about an hour to quilt.  Nice play time on a busy day.  I'll bind it soon.

Have a great week and Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Sue was a total hoot! I laughed so much--but I also learned so much! She really knows her stuff!
    Cross hatching with rulers is very time consuming to me, but it looks great, Tammy! And so does the minky quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about it being time consuming. But, some quilts just cry out for it as this one did. Plus, it is what the piecer wanted. I love the look of them, too. Thanks for your kind comments.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.