Monday, May 19, 2014

What I Just Pieced

In my last post, I forgot about the quilt top I just pieced.  It was designed to go on a table in my dining area, as it goes with my blue wall.

Here is the finished quilt top, which finishes 34 inches square.


It is my first attempt at a mitered border.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.


I took a class once (about 8 years ago) that showed how to do fun bindings and borders.  So, I just did this from what I remembered from the class, and other reading I've done through the years.  I added a step that I've never heard of, and I only had to unpick one corner to redo it.  Happiness!

I'm thinking of sharing the tip, later when I can show a picture of it, too.  I didn't have my camera handy for a picture at the time I was sewing.

I'll show again after the quilting.  I've got two customer quilts this week, and 9 more after that, that really need my attention.  The one on the frame right now needs a ton of ruler work - cross-hatching 1 inch squares.  I am hoping to give it my best attention early in the week, then take care of a baby quilt towards the end of the week.

We've traveled, my son had his Eagle court of honor, I had gifts to make for the end of guild year, and our big class at the shop, so I've not quilted as much as I'd like to.  Now is the time to buckle down.

Have a great week, and Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.