Friday, January 28, 2011

A fun party

I got together with some friends recently and we exchanged our Christmas gifts -- later when we could enjoy each other's company. We had a nice brunch, and these are then lovely presents I received.



There are two kitchen towels, a spatula, wooden spoon, lotion, hot chocolate mix and Valentine fat quarters from Pam.  The cute pin cushion was made by Lynn.  The biscotti (I ate one before the picture) is from Kristi, and her daughter made the mug rug.

December 2009, I won 11 tree blocks in the Block Jack at quilt guild and knew immediately what I wanted to do with them.  It took me until September to piece them, I had them quilted 3 days before the party, and only 1 had the binding finished.  I finished the 2nd one during the gathering, then the 3rd that afternoon.  Just this week I finished the last one...for me.  If you are doing your math, I had to make an extra block to get these 4 runners done.  But, no worries, it worked up quick!


 So, I now have a lovely runner for winter time.  I love how it turned out.

Keep on sewing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.