Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall Is Canning Season

Fall is most certainly the most difficult time for me to quilt. I am busy bottling fresh fruits and veggies to make for pleasant wintertime meals. I picked 2 1/2 bushels of tomatoes...Added some home-grown peppers, (which my husband chopped for me)...

Added garlic...


and onion....

These beautiful colors really inspired me! I really love color!

Cooked it all up and

Here is my salsa - all bottled up and ready for yummy times ahead!

Then, I used some of my mangoes I had on hand, and raspberries from my garden, and made Mango-Raspberry Jam. Yummy, Yummy!

Then, Judy, from my work, gave me pecans, so I made Praline Syrup. I call it Pecan Pie in a jar!


I found the last two recipes in the Ball Blue Book for Canning published this year. It was my first time purchasing the book, and I love it!

Although I haven't been quilting a lot for myself, I have tried to keep up with Customer quilts, and the canning has such beautiful color, too. I also get my "color fix" working at the local quilt shop each week. It is such a delight to work with the beautiful fabrics people purchase.

I hope to share more of my canning as it happens. It is work, but it is pleasurable work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.