Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pin Cushion Exchange

Our little sewing group, which is becoming smaller all the time, had a pin cushion exchange. While working on my pin cushion, I made this pencil case. It just cried out to be given to Tina.



I struggled knowing which pin cushion to make. Tina really likes sunflowers, but I couldn't find a pattern to make one, and it seemed beyond my abilities to think of how to make one.  When I finally decided on this pear, everything got very easy. So, Tina got the pencil case and the pear. I made a smaller one earlier this year. The leaf is made of wool, and the beads add a little more texture than a stem would.



When we got together to exchange, only four of us were there, so these are our treasures. Lyn made the pin cushion on the bottom, and made it in a tart tin. Kristi made the flower with the yellow center and pink petals. Pam made the pink one, still needing some stuffing.


After seeing Kristi's pin cushion, I saw how the sunflower one would work.  I'll have to do it another time, though.

Later in the day, Ann brought me these cute watermelon pin cushions.  Aren't they sweet?


Tina is still working on her pin cushion for Ann.  I hope she sends me pictures so I can add them here.

What a delightful set of pin cushions.  I am fortunate to sew with such creative women.  I just wish all of us were together again.

Keep on quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.