Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thought I had a Stash

I thought I had a fabric stash. Then when making a quilt with friends last year, I found I didn't have much. Then, I started following this blog, Stash Manicure and found out I really don't have a stash at all. Most of my color collections fit in a plastic shoe box, one per color, and sometimes two colors in a box. I only have 9 boxes. So, I guess I don't have to worry about manicuring my stash (hee, hee).

However, the blog is very interesting. Many people have been giving their ideas for how to manage their stash, or use it up. I use some of the methods, and I am starting to use the idea of using leaders/enders. Instead of using a scrap to begin and end your chain piecing, you can use pre-cut pieces to do this. That way, you can make two quilts at the same time. So, today I started trying it. I'll let you know how it goes.

I made two grocery (green) bags, but mine are yellow with blue flowers. They turned out great! Here they are, one laying out flat, and the other rolled up. Fun fabric, huh?!!



That's it for now. Have a great weekend!

Happy Quilting


1 comment:

  1. I'm like you in that I don't really have a huge stash of fabric. Thanks for the link that was entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.