Sunday, August 10, 2014

An All-Time Favorite Quilt

I am honored to be able to quilt for other people.  This trust they put in me to help make their quilt shine, is sometimes overwhelming.  However, I think I just did my  All-Time Favorite Quilt.


This 27" square quilt was pieced by a 7-year-old girl in my neighborhood.  This is her first project she has sewn.


She brought it to me for quilting, and then I also did the binding.


She then gave it to her 3-year-old brother, for when he pretends to be a dog.  That has got to be the best gift ever!

She wanted puffy batting, so we used a scrap of polyester batting that I had.  I also had a red scrap in my stash for the binding.  Didn't she do an awesome job?!!

This is one I quilted for someone else.  (Actually, grandmother to the above quilter).  I love the colors used.


I used the continuous curve for this one, and it seemed to flow as I quilted it.  The fun part is, if you miss something going one way, you get a second chance coming back.




Here is the quilting from the back.  I think that is one of the funnest parts of quilting; looking at the pattern made on the back.


Finally, how many unfinished projects do you have?  A lady in my guild this last year had 305 kits waiting to be put together.  I don't have that many, but I do have a few.  This one I found in a box, when I was looking for something else.  I had removed the center 4 blocks, because they were sewn wrong, then tucked it away. So, I spent an hour piecing it back together, and piecing the back.  It is ready to be quilted.


I now have 8 projects of my own, waiting to be quilted, because the tops are done and the backs are, too.  Anybody selling time in a bottle?  I sure could use some!

I am currently quilting a friend's quilt, that I am doing cross-hatching in.  This takes HUGE amounts of time, and I need to get it done soon, to get 2 others done in the next 3 weeks.  I am hoping I can squeeze more time out of my life to spend at the machine to get them done.

Do you have a favorite quilt?  Do you have unfinished projects?  Do you find yourself wishing for more time at the sewing or quilting machine?  Do tell me!

Keep Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. How cute of your neighbor to do this for her little brother.
    I have a hard time choosing a "favorite" anything.
    305 kits?!? Yikes! I don't buy quilt kits, so I don't have that issue, but I have about 20 UFOs. I was trying to get at least half of them done this year, but I can't find that time in a bottle, either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.