Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Projects Finished

I've been happily stitching away, while listening to more stories. I finished this quilt top...



Which I had started some time ago. I bought the fabric in quarter-yard measurements, cut off 2 1/2 inch strips and made a jelly bag last year. Then, from the rest of the fabric, I made this quilt. It is quite graphic, and I have it hanging on my bedroom wall. I can see it first thing when I wake up, even without my glasses!


I also made this quilt...


but, it finishes at less than 12" square. Each half-square triangle is 1" finished. I have been cutting 2" squares out of my scraps of fabric, and I started with those to piece this. I think I better start cutting 2 1/2" squares instead - this is insanely small!

Then, Jenny of Elefantz pointed me to a great tutorial on making fabric baskets. So, I gave it a try and came up with this one:



I just love pink lately, and I love the look of black with pink. These are super easy to make and I can't wait to make another one or three! I just picked up the polka-dot ribbon today, and the fabric, interfacing, and lace were in my stash. You should try these because they are so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.