Monday, December 21, 2009

I've Been Busy Baking


and made 18 of these poppy seed pound cakes on Saturday. They have been delivered to neighbors and friends, and one got eaten by the family. We also made Chex Mix, and dipped pretzels in chocolate. It took 3 trips to the store that morning, but we made it through!

Friday, I made these fun book marks.

I saw a tutorial here on a quilted bookmark, using fusible web and confetti pieces of fabric. However, I decided I wanted them in strips and sewed them onto a muslin foundation instead. I was very pleased with them, and the technique is also similar to the inchies.

Christmas is almost here, and I think I am ready. I will make a lovely dinner on Christmas Eve, then it is time to relax on Christmas day. I will be basting a queen size quilt tomorrow to work on next week. I have been wanting to try it on my "little machine", and I think I finally have the courage to do it. If it works, I will be very happy. If it doesn't, I'll be finding a long-arm quilter I can afford to do it. I really want this quilt to be done and on my bed. It has been almost 2 years since I bought the fabric. Much too long!

I wish all my friends and followers a very Merry Christmas. May the day be peaceful and bright for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.