Sunday, January 3, 2021

Wrapping up 2020

I think 2020 has got to be the most unique year in my lifetime.  Fortunately, not much in my personal life changed, just a few things.  I worked at the quilt shop more than the previous year, and my husband began working from home.  So, I went out more, and he went out less.  Creatively, though, it was a banner year.

The Stats:

225 quilts quilted
    17 quilts were mine
    5 quilts were family members' quilts
    12 were store samples or class samples.
65 items finished through the year
12 UFO's finished and one nearly finished

Some of the last items finished are a bag, two notebook covers, two wallets and my Dream Big panel quilt.

First, the Dream Big Panel:








I decided that instead of something different in each petal, I was just going to do feathers.  When I started out quilting, I was greatly intimidated by feathers.  But, now I really enjoy them.  I marked the spine only, then quilted away!  Then, I needed to flatten the space around them, so I did a scribble and pebbles.  And now for the big reveal (I still need to trim and face the quilt, but I couldn't wait to share!)...


and here is a close-up of the micro-quilting.


I'm very pleased with how this quilt turned out.

Then, I also played with machine embroidery.  I made two wallets in the hoop:


The orange one was sent to my mother-in-law, the one with all teal is for me.  Then I made a bag for myself.

I chose a design on my Bernina, then made it into a bag.  I'm not happy with the proportions, but it just gives me an excuse to make another one, soon!

Then, a notebook cover.

This one is for my yearly planning notebook.  I use a graph composition notebook to plan, and keep track of my activities throughout the year.  I'm already putting this one to good use.  

I now have 15 or more Personal Works in Progress.  I'm hoping to get some done very soon.  I finished quilting for others on December 16th, and began again on January 2nd.  I've got a lot to get done this month, on my own list.  I started with painting my bedroom.  I didn't get the trim painted yet, but I am loving the wall color.  Here is the before:


and here is the middle (since the trim isn't painted yet).

I love the boldness of this color, and look forward to finishing the job this month.  Then I plan on painting the master bathroom and closet.  This also gives me the chance to clean out my closet and get rid of a few things.  I have lots of things I want to get done this year.  Here's hoping I can do it!

Keep on Sewing and Quilting!


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.