Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mystery Solved & a Few Other Finishes


Our Quilt Guild did this quilt as a mystery.  I used "Summer's End" by Kansas Troubles.  I am thrilled with the result.  I don't think I want to add a border to it.  I hope to quilt it before May 10th. 



Then, I finished this quilt, using "Lilac Hill" fabric.  

Can you believe that quilt is only 16x20 inches.  It is called "Delectable Mountains" and it is from the Fat Quarter Quilting book by Lori Smith.

Next, I finished these place mats for Easter.  I wanted to use them to decorate the shelves of my kitchen hutch.  I may make enough to switch out frequently through the year. I did learn that next time I will quilt all over a sandwich made from 2 1/2-yard pieces, instead of cutting them to size first.  That way, I can quilt better without worrying about getting too close to the edge.  


And, finally, the second Chocolate inspired table topper.  


This one, I used a different back on, but the front is the same.  I had a difficult time with the inside corners, but it worked out okay.  


Here you can see some of the quilting.  I am very pleased!


Now I can add them to my list of finished projects.  Yahoo!!!

What are you sewing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.