Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Sang The National Anthem...

at a University Volleyball game.  I was nervous and shaking.  I started out weak, but kept on going.  I survived.

I just spent a week in Washington, DC.  I got to see the flag that Francis Scott Key was looking at when inspired to write "The Star-Spangled Banner".  It is in the Museum of American History in Washington, DC.  It has been through a lot over the years, and parts were cut up and given away.  What is left of it is pretty amazing. I wanted to start singing the National Anthem while looking at it, but thought the guard might get mad at me.  Security is pretty tight around the District, and some of the guards are a little bit grumpy.

The next morning I had a message about singing at the game.  I decided to do it.  I didn't have to worry about it for very long... just a couple of days.  We bought t-shirts for the family to wear.  Paid $2 for two kids to get in, (had coupons for the others) and there we were.  After singing, the family was seated in several different places.  I decided to get a bag of popcorn at the break.  Within 5 minutes, they were all seated around us.  So, I came up with this...

$42 for t-shirts
$2 for admission
$4 for a large popcorn

Family togetherness and having Mom sing the National Anthem....

Priceless!

I'll show some sewing I have been doing soon.  We've had computer issues and I've been busy, so I haven't posted much.  I'll try to do better.

Keep on Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.