Monday, November 9, 2009

Another Mini Quilt Finished


This is the other mini quilt I have been working on. I am so thrilled how it turned out. The border fabric is one I picked up several times last year - I just love the color. The dark greens are left over from my Summertime quilt swap. The light green is left over from the flower applique quilt I finished yesterday. I also had the cream in my stash, and the back was from a quilt a group of us did a couple of years ago for a local hospital. That quilt hangs on the wall in the hospital, and I visit it when I am there for any reason.

I also finished a customer quilt today (nearly twin size), and I quilted it in about 4 hours. I am very pleased with the results and it is a quilt I have made as well. I need to make the back for it so I can quilt my own. I have two customer quilts left and then I can do one of my own (bigger than the minis I have been doing). I also want to set aside some time for playing with fabric and making a landscape quilt. I am just a little nervous about cutting the fabric for the landscape quilts I want to do - they are so beautiful - and what if I mess up??? (grin).

Have a great sewing day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love mini's yours is beautiful are you going to hang it or use it as a table cover?? wonderful work you do..mini's are just as or could be as much work as a large.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if I will hang it or put it on a table, I just love to make them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.