Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Creativity Takes Courage

Have I said that before?  
Well, now I know that Life Takes Courage.  
Especially when you are following your dreams.

So what is my dream?
Sing the national anthem at the local University.


Our local University athletics holds try-outs every year for people to sing the National Anthem at sporting events -- basketball, volleyball, gymnastics, etc.  I first heard about it several years ago.  My children were little and taking swimming lessons, so I couldn't fit in the try-outs.  I heard the announcement this morning on the radio, and knew I had run out of excuses.  My dear husband called within a minute to tell me about the announcement, too, in case I had missed it.

So, off I went this evening to try out singing the national anthem.  Without music.  In front of 6 judges.  Some of them smiled. There were at least 30 people waiting to audition.  Most of them under age 30.  I saw 2 men older than I. I felt a little out of my element.  Still, I stayed and auditioned.  I started too low, but didn't lose my cool, and let the higher notes soar, as much as I could.  So, now I wait to find out if I did okay.  But, I'm not really worried about it.  Unless I actually get to sing it in public.  Then, I will start worrying. 

So, the moral of the story?  Dreams are easier when we are just dreaming.  Reality takes courage and commitment.  Nothing gets done unless we put forth effort.  So, what dream is next?  We shall see.  Until then,  

Keep Dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments here, but no awards, please.